Monday 30 September 2013

Birthday Desserts

Quick post whilst I’m on my lunch break.

After having brunch at The Grounds (post coming later) for my 22nd birthday last July, Josh and I went to the city to do some shopping. In the process we had some lovely desserts which I wanted to share with you.

Cronuts - a cross between a croissant and a donut - have been popping up everywhere lately and hopping onto the bandwagon is Adriano Zumbo who releases new flavours every week. I wish there was an outlet close to me so I could try them all, as they sound amazing! After parking our car at The Star I was finally able to try Mr Zumbo’s Milo ‘Zonut’. It was delicious. Crispy and flaky on the outside with creamy milo-flavoured filling inside. But very sweet so I definitely could not finish it on my own - but that’s what Josh is for.


Sweet teeth still not satisfied, we ventured on to Westfield Sydney where we then proceeded to line up for approximately 45 minutes so that we could make customised Magnums. We were able to choose our chocolate coating, toppings, the chocolate drizzle and the chocolate button. At $7 a pop it was a worthwhile and fun experience, and it was interesting to watch the process. I can now say I’ve made my own Magnum!



Needless to say, Josh and I weren’t very hungry when dinner time rolled around! But it was fun eating my way through my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment