Monday 30 September 2013

Meze Me


Beautiful location in the Rouse Hill suburbs
On a beautiful day that I decided to skip uni, Josh and I decided that we wanted to have a nice brunch, preferably somewhere local. But where would that somewhere be? Apparently Parramatta was too far, so the city, which is full of nice cafes that are on my to-visit list, was definitely out of the question. I did remember though, reading about a local eatery in Rouse Hill which was becoming quietly popular. So that’s where we decided to go. 

Meze Me serves Middle Eastern/Mediterranean cuisine and we were keen to experience the delicious breakfast that many reviews raved about. Unfortunately, we missed out on breakfast which ends at 12pm. However the food was still delicious. Being the couple that we are, and very hungry, we over-ordered as usual.

Seated outside in the lovely sunshine, we started with the Meze Plate for Two ($30) which featured a lovely array of dips, fresh tabbouli, falafel, chicken and lamb. Everything was very tasty, except the Lebanese bread which unfortunately tasted old and dry. 

Meze Plate for Two ($30)
 I was pretty disappointed we missed out on brekky so was thrilled that I was still able to order the breakfast menu item that I was planning on ordering - the lamb mince tagine with onion jam, roast tomato, bell peppers, feta, egg, Turkish toast and Lebanese bread ($20). I really enjoyed this with its different tastes and textures. But by this stage I was getting rather full, so needed help to finish it off. I definitely could’ve just eaten this and been full. 

Lamb mince tagine ($20)
Josh ordered the duck breast with quince, celeriac mousse, falafel, baby beans, parsnip crisps and port wine jus ($28) and he kept remarking how good it was and how tender the duck was. I had a few a bites and agreed, though I haven’t had much duck in the past so don’t really have anything to compare it to - except chicken. But, doesn’t everything apparently taste like chicken? The parsnip crisps were also very nice. 

Duck breast ($28)
Josh loves chips so as per usual we ordered a side of sumac chili chips with aioli ($8.50) and these were delicious. Nice and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and peppered with a light chilli seasoning. The aioli was also good. 

I also ordered a chocolate milkshake which was huge but delicious and good value ($6), whilst Josh tried an organic ginger beer ($4.50) which he said was ‘OK’. I didn’t want to taste it because ginger beer isn’t my thing, but other reviews have raved about how good it is. So definitely give it a go if you’re into ginger beer.

Overall, Meze Me was an awesome local find. The food, atmosphere and service was great. We have learnt our lesson not to over-order here (I hope) and we will definitely be back for brekky (provided that we wake up early enough!).


No comments:

Post a Comment